370 years company history
- 1650: Company founded in Zell am Moos under its former name "Sagramühl".
- 1932/38: The largest economic crisis of the 20th century; many companies go bankrupt, very bad situation for production orders. Franz Neuhofer, only 31 years old and the company's 8th generation, takes over the management of the company business.
- 1945: Devastating flooding hits Haslau (entire Vöcklatal) immediately after the end of war; all lumber yards, warehouses, garages, the small church, half of the house and the entire family property are washed away by the floods. Company and house reconstruction starts from scratch, the family does not receive any state or private support.
- 1946: Redevelopment of the business and reconstruction of the residential building.
- 1954: Acquisition of a modern framesaw and the second turbine unit.
- 1958: Franz Neuhofer senior (9th generation takes over sales and plant management in the company. Purchase of a milling machine for the production of triangular profiles, simple spruce mouldings and oak skirting boards.
- 1960: First four-sided planing machine (from the Olbrich company) taken into operation. The first floors, formworks and planed square timbers leave the production line as a "sideline" product. Profile program is substantially upgraded.
- 1965: Franz Neuhofer senior (9th generation) marries Christiana Schwaighofer and takes over the family business. Modernisation of sawmill production sequences, acquisition of a Weinig planning machine with 7 spindles for profile production.
- 1966: The company increases its sawmill capacities. In the profile production capacity the turnover exceeds one million Austrian Schillings.
- 1974: Acquisition of surrounding properties and establishment of a new sawmill equipped with most modern production plant.
- 1980: The company becomes increasingly geared to the international market; Neuhofer Holz already exports 65% of its quality products abroad.
- 1983: Acquisition of a local sawmill.
- 1984: Milestone in the company history - The Neuhofer family makes the decision to focus all resources on profile production. Massive investments are made in terms of expansion: additional planing machines, veneer cutting machines, casing equipment, enamelling equipment and drying chambers etc. are purchased. The large-scale production of coated and veneered profiles begins.
- 1987: Expansion of profile production by construction of an additional production plant.
- 1990: Construction of a new warehouse.
- 1995: Additional expansion of the production plant and warehouse; expansion of the FN product range. Production of fixing tracks, clipholders, corners and radiator rosettes begins.
- 1996: Complete sawmill refurbishment; use of the most up to date technology.
- 1998: Closing of the sawmill. At the same time, a modern logistics centre is constructed on the company premises in order to cope with the increasing transportation needs. Austrian State Prize for Marketing for extensive marketing work and the innovative power of the products.
- 1999: The FN product range is upgraded with the innovative flexible flooring profile, wall panels and the stair system. Many FN trade fair presentations in Germany, Poland, Russia, USA, France, China and Spain etc.
- 2000: The company celebrates its 350th anniversary. Franz Neuhofer senior passes the management on to the 10th generation - Martin and Franz Neuhofer junior. The largest investment of company history is undertaken - a new production plant and warehouse as well as the establishment of maintenance and joinery workshops.
- 2001: FN goes online - the company goes virtual on a world-wide scale: www.fnprofile.com.
- 2004: Founding of our subsidiary "FN Profile, Inc." in North Carolina, USA.
- 2005: The Gold Order of Merit of the Republic of Austria was awarded to Franz Neuhofer senior for his many years of activities in business and social life.
- 2006: Investment in two additional production lines with state of the art plants (Powermat 2000), which will increase the entire profiling capacity to approx. 110 million running metres per year. To supplement this a 2,000 m² warehouse has been built on the company's premises. The Austrian journal "Holzkurier" awards FN Neuhofer Holz the title of "Timber industry of the Year" for its innovative force and rapid development.
- 2007: Additional acquisition of land at Headquarters in Zell am Moos ensures more alternatives for the FN Neuhofer Holz company to expand. Furthermore, a new warehouse (600 m²) has been built.
- 2009: Further steps in automation in the manufacturing process. Award given for the best family business in Austria.
- 2010: FN Neuhofer Holz is celebrating its 360-year anniversary! Its pioneering role in the profile industry has been secured following the acquisition of digital printing facilities which offer a high level of flexibility in the warehousing and decoration fields. Another milestone is the development of the 'FN deco-shelf' living room system. The website www.fnprofile.com is being re-launched with a modern new look including configurators for Digiprint and deco-shelf. 2011: Implementation of a production line for solid wood profiles with new planing and cutting lines, the production capacity rises up to 125 Mio m per year. Further development of stocking capacity with 20.000 m³ and relocation of the logistic center to the place of the production facility.
- 2013: Automation intensified by using robots in packaging and palletizing.
- 2014: High investments made in other profile planers; this year also marked the start of system interlinking. The range of picture frames is also expanded, especially with digitally printed designs under the sub-brand "FN Picture Frames".
- 2015: Expansion of warehouse capacity with the addition of a new hall
- 2016: Completion of system linking and automation of packaging. Creation of new storage capacity with a new warehouse.
2017: Investments in a new digital printing system and a new decor sampling room with special lighting.
- 2018: New expansions of the storage capacity with additional halls.
- 2019: Successful laying of the foundation stone and completion of the new employee parking lot and further investments in the area of production, logistics and process optimization are planned. In addition, the location will be enlarged and a new company building for customers, partners and employees will be built!
2020: In line with the award of the trade magazine
"Holzdesign" for the company of the year 2020 in the category suppliers, FN
Neuhofer celebrates 2 anniversaries this year - the 370th anniversary of the
company and the 80th birthday of the senior boss Franz Neuhofer.
Besides the investments in a new plastic extraction plant and a fully automated high-performance planing line, an aluminum and plastic packaging line, a painting line and a new shrink tunnel.
In addition, FN Neuhofer is once again one step closer to realizing its "Vision 2025", as the groundbreaking/construction start for the new production and storage halls as well as a modern, multi-storey office building including a representative showroom was already on November 23, 2020. The total area of this construction project is 14,550 m².